Call Us Today
Oltarsh & Associates, P.C. EN ESPAÑOL

3 Common Questions a New York City Immigration Lawyer Can Answer

Immigration matters can be quite confusing. Often times, a New York City immigration lawyer finds themselves answering the same types of questions in regards to immigration. Here are a few of the commonly asked questions along with the answers.

Am I able to acquire a green card through marriage? It is possible to obtain a green card through marriage. However, if the intent to marry was to simply become a citizen of the U.S., there can be very harsh consequences.Am I not allowed to become a U.S. citizen if I have a criminal history? This is a very common question. It is very difficult to get any type of citizenship if you have a criminal background, but there can be ways around it if your criminal history isn’t that severe. Your New York City immigration lawyer will be able to help you with this.Can I try to get permanent citizenship through a visa? A visa itself cannot get you permanent residence in the U.S., but it is possible to get permanent U.S. residence as you are in the U.S. with a visa. This is yet another possibility that your New York City immigration lawyer will need to help you with.
Email Us For A Response

How Can We Help You

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

494 8th Avenue
Suite 1704
New York, New York 10001

Phone: 212-944-9420
Fax: 212-944-9120
New York Law Office Map