494 8th Avenue #1704
New York, NY 10001, USA
(212)944-9420 (212)944-9420

Questions And Answers For H-1B Visa

Question: I live abroad in Europe and recently graduated from university with an engineering degree. Jobs in Europe are hard to find. I thought I’d try to get a job offer in the U.S. for a couple of years to further my career. I am fluent in English.
Answer: You may apply for an H-1B visa that would initially afford you a 3 year working stay in the U.S. You’ll need to locate a company for a job offer. Regulations here require that your University degree be the equivalent in the U.S. of a professional university degree. The company must offer the prevailing salary for the position. This can be verified by the U.S. Department of Labor. Applications will be accepted on April 4, 2014 or after because the quota is filled until then. It would be best to prepare the applications in February or March 2014 so that the application can be filed promptly on April 1st before the quota is filled. If the application for H-1B is approved, you should receive a 3 year work approval visa but you cannot start working before October 1st, 2014. The three year visa later may be extended for another 3 years, if desired. The wage must be equal or better than that paid to U.S. workers for the same or similar work.
After starting to work here, you can ask the employer if he is satisfied with your work, and you can ask him/her to apply for your permanent residence. The employer would have to prove that the company cannot find an employee who is available and competent to do the work you do in your special field of engineering.


If you cannot find an employer who is willing to pay the salary you require since you are only starting out with a university degree without experience, perhaps you can find a position as a trainee, for work and training at the same time. This traineeship would be available for 2 years and does not have any restrictions regarding salary. The employer would have to demonstrate a work study program that you will undergo; designating all aspects of training and the time periods for each aspect, to prove that the training will prepare you with helpful experience to aid you in future work in Europe. The training visa is temporary. You may simultaneously with your training, receive a salary for the work you will be performing for the company.

If you need help or advise, Call Us: (212)944-9420 or Email: Info@oltarsh.com

Our assistance is only a phone call, or e-mail communication away!

Practice Areas

We represent individuals and corporations who wish to apply...


We handle all of the non-immigrant categories...

Deportation Defense

After decades of experience, we are fully aware of ...

Work Visas

Immediate relatives(IR) include children, spouses ...


We have successfully applied for persons who have...


Two classes of visas are processed by U.S. Consulates...


Featured News


Immigration Solutions


 Hello Jennifer just want to say "THANK YOU", God bless you!. We recovered our happiness, my nephews kids are the most happiest kids in the world because they finally can play with their father. Once again thank you very much to you and your staff, specially Romina, she has been very kind and helpful with our communications. Thank you and have a wonderful day!!!! Released From Jail on December 2012 


 This is an unbelievable gift for the Holidays! I am actually driving to Mexico now to spend the New Year with my wife and I am taking her a car that I bought for her...when I saw this mail my heart was pounding and I had to stop the car...thank you Romina and Jennifer I 

Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial