Call us: (212) 944-9420

Why is it urgent to apply for deferred action now?

If you are in removal proceeding or have a final removal order or have been granted voluntary departure, you may ask that the proceedings be deferred because you are entitled to deferred action, the Dream Act. To file now is critical so you can expeditiously receive permission to work and to avoid being classified as illegal, and to put you to the head of the line if permanent residence becomes available through the Dream Act.

Children under the age of 16 who arrived in the U.S. without documentation may apply for immigration benefits based on a Department of Homeland Security memo released on June 15, 2012. The requirements to apply are:

A) That the applicant as of June 15, 2012 is not older than 30 years;

B) Arrived in the U.S. before age 16 without inspection or his/her authorized status has expired as of June 15, 2012;

C) Resided continuously in the United States before June 15, 2012 for not less than 5 years;

D) Was in the U.S. on June 15, 2012;

E) Graduated high school or is in the process of finishing or has the equivalent or has been honorably discharged from the US military at the time of applying;

F) Has not been convicted of a felony or 3 or more misdemeanors.

G) To file you must be at least 15 years of age. Applications for Parole will not be considered unless Deferred Action is granted.

For proof of identity you must submit a passport, or a birth certificate or national identity certificate that includes your picture; and or school ID with a photo or any other document with your name and photo. For proof you came here before 16, school records or travel records or hospital or medical records, or records from a religious institute or job or housing proofs are needed. For proof you have been in the US for 5 years, rent receipts, utility bills, employment records, banking statements and tax returns would help. For absences from the US over the previous 5 years of residence, the trips must have been brief, casual and innocent. The filing fee is $465. If you change your address after filing, you must inform Immigration of the change within 10 days

Our Offices :