Call Us Today
Oltarsh & Associates, P.C. EN ESPAÑOL


If you go home without giving your Arrival-Departure record to an Immigration Officer, you could be regarded as having overstayed in the U.S. You must be able to manifest that you have left the U.S. in a timely manner; otherwise you may be barred from returning. For example, if you return to the U.S. on a visa waiver, an immigration officer could refuse to admit you. Unless you have proof of timely departure, the officer could presume you overstayed. If you didn’t turn in the I-94 when you last left, it is prudent to correct the record. This may be done by belatedly validating your departure with such proof as a copy of the original boarding pass; a copy of an entry stamp in a foreign country in your passport, or copies of other supporting documentation. A letter of explanation with the documentation should be sent to the Immigration Service and you should keep a copy for an Immigration Officer when you return to the U.S. You may also be excused for an unavoidable overstay such as for a medical emergency or a delay in departure beyond your control. If you go to contiguous territories as Canada, Mexico or the Caribbean Islands, retain your I-94 form to return to the U.S. and only surrender it when you leave at the end of your trip ,If you need help or advise, call us at 212-944-9420.
Email Us For A Response

How Can We Help You

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

494 8th Avenue
Suite 1704
New York, New York 10001

Phone: 212-944-9420
Fax: 212-944-9120
New York Law Office Map