Need A Fiancé Visa? We Can Help You With Your K-1 Visa Application.

The United States allows foreign nationals to bring their fiancés to the United States. When the marriage occurs within 90 days of being admitted legally to the country, the foreign national can obtain permanent residence. However, the process is not as simple as it first appears. Two agencies, the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of State each review and vet the applicant. Each agency has its own procedures and grounds of inadmissibility and they interpret the law with slight variations. A qualified and experienced counsel is advisable.

At Oltarsh & Associates, we can help through the K-1 fiancé visa application process. We work with the U.S. citizen as well as with the fiancé/fiancée to file the petition with the USCIS and Consular Processing with the Department of State. Once married, we can also help you understand your rights regarding work and the path to lawful permanent residence and other matters

The Fiancé/Fiancée Visa Process

There are several steps to getting a fiancé/fiancée visa to the United States and thereafter obtain permanent residence (a green card). These are:

  • Filing the petition with the USCIS
  • Consular Processing and issuance of the visa
  • Inspection
  • Adjustment of status
  • Removal of conditions

Experienced Help With Your Petition And Application

Applying for a fiancé/fiancée visa can be stressful. A single mistake, even if minor and without bad intentions, can lead to a delay or a denial of your K-1 visa.

The experienced immigration lawyers at Oltarsh & Associates, P.C., can help make the process less stressful and as quick as possible. A premier immigration law firm located in New York City, our attorneys have helped engaged couples marry in the U.S. for over 50 years. Call 212-944-9420 to speak with us about a visa for your fiancé(e). You can also reach us online.